At the Law Offices of Henry B. Hurvitz we have been providing real estate closing services for Sellers for over 35 years. If you are contemplating selling residential property, you need an experienced attorney to protect your interests. Selling your home is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It is a decision that should be carefully planned with an attorney before signing any papers in connection with your real estate transaction.
When representing the seller in a residential transaction we typically render the following services:
(1) We will contact the buyers’ attorney, advise him/her of any encumbrances on the property, such as mortgages or other liens of which you are aware, and set a tentative closing date. When the buyers’ attorney has completed the title work, we will discuss the results to ensure that there are no other liens or other encumbrances which must be released before the closing can occur.
(2) We will arrange to obtain a pay-off figure and release(s) of your current mortgage(s) on the property.
(3) We will prepare the closing statement and adjustments with the buyer’s attorney, and review it with you.
(4) We will prepare the deed on your behalf as well as any other instruments affecting conveyance or your title and review these documents with the buyer’s attorney.
(5) We will represent you at the closing and forward the appropriate mortgage payoff checks as soon as possible after the closing. Often this will require the use of an overnight delivery service, and this cost will be passed along to you.
(6) At the conclusion of the closing, either buyer’s counsel or our office will issue a clients’ fund check in the amount of the net proceeds of sale payable to you.
If you have any questions concerning what you need to know before selling your home, contact the Law Office of Henry B. Hurvitz to schedule a free initial consultation. In selling your home, you are about to engage in a substantial financial transaction that will have a significant impact on your future.
Henry B. Hurvitz, Attorney at Law
924 Farmington Avenue
West Hartford, Connecticut 06107
Telephone: (860) 232-8300